Welcome to an era when people have the availability of treatment modalities that provide physical, mental and spiritual healing. You can get natural solutions to most health problems that are affecting your life. You will also be educated about the benefits of chiropractic care.
Chiropractic treatment gives emphasis on complications on the nervous and musculoskeletal system. Its application has greatly advanced to promote overall health including stress and tension relief, enhancing sleep quality, boosting the functioning of the immune system and enhancing cognitive functions. The treatment is effective for all people whether young, old, pregnant or those with chronic illnesses. Everyone can benefit from chiropractic care.
Chiropractic adjustment is a drug free and natural healthcare that enhances the functioning of the nervous system. Chiropractors use their hands to apply controlled force on the spinal joint. Chiropractic adjustments are aimed at correcting the structural alignment of the body as well improving physical function. It is also referred to as spinal manipulation and it optimizes the self curing ability of the body through improving the communication of the brain and the body.
The chiropractic physician typically uses their hands, or an instrument, to manipulate the joints of the body, focusing particularly the spine, to help restore or enhance joint function. These techniques include:
- Toggle Drop – the chiropractor uses crossed hands and presses down firmly on a particular area of the patient's spine. This manipulation is done to improve mobility in the vertebral joints.
- Lumbar Roll – the chiropractor positions the patient on their side, then applies a quick and precise manipulative pressure to the misaligned vertebra, returning it to its proper position.
- Release Work – the chiropractor uses gentle pressure with their fingertips to separate the vertebrae.
- Table adjustments – the chiropractor positions the patient on a special table with sections that drop down and applies pressure at the same time the section drops.
- Instrument adjustments – spring loaded instrument to perform the adjustment.
Benefits of chiropractic adjustments
People experiencing neck pain, back pain and headache can benefit from spinal manipulation because it works to release all the tension and anxiety. Chiropractic care is founded on the belief that the human body is self healing and the body's structure such as the joints, bones, muscles and nerves reach a balance through chiropractic care.
What to expect
During your initial visit you will be asked about your medical history and carryout a physical exam with special attention to your spine. It may be recommended additional tests like X-rays. Chiropractic adjustments involve application of gentle and sudden force to the joints. Cracking or popping sounds are normal when the chiropractor is manipulating your joints during the session.
A chiropractor may recommend additional treatment approaches together with chiropractic adjustments. This includes:
- Electrical stimulation
A chiropractor may provide many types of care which include acute, chronic, and/or preventive which can make a certain number of visits sometimes necessary. Your chiropractor should tell you the extent of treatment plan recommended and an estimated number of visits.